Friday, April 12, 2013

Science ~ Environments Unit

Our district uses the FOSS kits, which I do love because everything is right there HOWEVER....when we have an hour of science and one investigation lasts over a long period where you have to only observe this become problematic.  I decided to incorporate cell structure and plant adaptations into the unit so we can cover more material and not sit and twidle our thumbs for an hour!  We will be doing an investigation on water tolerance and you can extend this into plant adaptations.  I choose the desert and to start this learning off I plan to show them the Magic School Bus - Gets All Dried Up.  I created a video worksheet so they have a purpose to WATCH the video and then a two-side worksheet to complete after as an introductory lesson.  I love the Magic School Bus and even my 5th graders do as well!!  You can swing by my teacher store to grab this set of materials for $1.50.


Click HERE to purchase!

No comments:

Post a Comment