Monday, April 1, 2013

Needing To Know How to Insert Your Signature To A Word Document???


How To Insert A Signature To A Word Document

How many times now are you seeing that businesses want all electronic documents for hiring new employees?  I am seeing this becoming more and more prominent in the workforce.  So I went and did some digging on the internet and found that you can use your nifty smartphone to take a picture and insert the picture to your document and save as a PDF!

I personally have an iPhone 4 and use the app Scan Pages to take a picture, scan and export to my email as a JPEG file.  I open my email, save my JPEG to my computer so that it is accessible to insert into my document.  I currently use Microsoft Word 2010 to do most of my word processing documents.  Below are the steps from start to finish!

1.       Take a picture using your smartphone of you written signature.

2.       Import your picture to your computer (use an app such as Scan Pages to scan for a cleaner image and export to email.)

3.       Have your document open, such as a business letter and using the INSERT tab in either Microsoft Word 2007/2010 click on the PICTURE ICON and browse for the image of your signature.  Click INSERT.

4.       You will need to change the Text Wrapping so that you are able to position your signature where you need it on your document.  With the image selected click on the pink FORMAT tab at the top on the Ribbon.  Click TEXT WRAP and choose BEHIND TEXT.  You are now able to move your signature freely about the document and reposition it.  Size as needed using the sizing handles.

5.       Do a SAVE AS and choose PDF in the Save as type drop box. 

6.       Now you are ready to submit your document with your signature electronically.

No comments:

Post a Comment