Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Back And A New Product!

Wow! Spring Break went super fast for me.  I enjoyed spending time with my family and kiddos!  Even held my first freezer party where two friends and I made enough freezer meals to allow each of us to take home 10 meals for only 100.00 a family!  Not bad I say, not bad!

My class is starting a novel study reading "Freedom's Fire" by J.P. Trent.  Set during the Revolutionary War, this story fits in perfectly with our Social Studies Standards.  There is however as always unknown vocabulary.  I have created "Monster Vocabulary" a graphic organizer that allows for vocabulary collection and then students choose three of the words to become proficient at by listing the three terms, rewriting the sentence in context and finally looking up the definition of the word as it is used in the context sentence. 
 

Visit either of my teacher stores to the right for this second great resource!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment