Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Currently For the Month of March

There are days when I get over whatever fear I have and decide to jump in and try something that I am not normally comfortable with......so SURPRISE I am jumping in to create a monthly "Currently..." on my blog. I don't always feel like I am that interesting or think people really listen to what I have to say, so I am always surprised to hear. "So and So saw that you were doing this or that on Facebook!"

I thought it would be interesting to start this section on my blog to see what others or "Currently" doing or thinking.  Thanks to "Oh' Boy 4th Grade.." for the super cute template and idea to launch this on my blog!  I really like the idea of the like, love, hate too!  I know they are to only be one word but I was having a hard time thinking .... call it testing brain failure!

The month of March always brings the stress of the beginning of our state testing and the itch for warmer weather with the long awaited week break that we call SPRING BREAK!

Like: I like taking hot baths to relax and enjoy some mommy alone time.  I two wonderful small children that I adore, but even us mommies need a break.
Love: I love love helping others.  I think that brings me more joy than anything.  Being able to help, listen, support and bring a smile to someone's face fills my heart with excitement. That is why I started this blog, probably like most others, to share and help!
Hate: I hate state testing with a passion.  I am a strong believer that one or two tests does not always accurately reflect the proficiency of a student.  I wish we somehow could focus on student growth because I have had so many student make immense gains in my classroom, but still not quite reach proficiency in an area.  The state tests have also created testing anxiety in our elementary schools because we stress so much how important these tests are.  I prefer to look at the individual child as a whole and think about what they need to be successful.  This is my soap box and I could go on and on like so many other teachers.

The other big thing that I am "currently" doing is working on developing this blog.  I have tried to at least do three days a week for posting and creating products that I am or have used in my classroom.  I had a family blog that I had created to keep all family updated with what our lives have brought, but with the increase usage of Facebook, that blog has become obsolete.   Yeah for Facebook right!  I was scared to put my thoughts and ideas out because there is always someone who will judge right?  I have looked past that and have changed that negative thought into "Who can I help?"  With that thought the starting didn't seem so complicated.

I have also opened two teacher stores (you can visit them using the buttons to the right).  This has sparked my creative brain again and this in itself is bringing back some joy into teaching.  We get so bogged down by the politics and the HAVE to's that we forget why we started sometimes.

I'd love for you to check out my products/leave comments here/leave feedback or even ask questions so that I can help!  Like I said this is a brand new journey for me and it has brought unexpected pleasure to my life:)

~The Little Apple Teacher

3 comments:

  1. I love hot baths too. My garden tub is one of my favorite places in my house! :)

    Joni
    KinderKids Fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited to be a follower of your fabby fab blog! Thanks for sharing your currently, I really enjoyed reading it :) hot baths? Yes please!! State testing? Nooooo thank you! I'm on the same page as you on that topic!

    Hugs,
    Khrys
    Keepinitkoolinkinderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am trying to keep up at least 3 days a week! I will definitely stop in on yours too!!

      Delete