Monday, March 4, 2013

Start Your Own Teacher Pays Teacher Store!!

I can't tell you how much I have been enjoying creating items for my store this past week. I am slowly becoming more confident with putting my work out for people to use, but then again, I really enjoy helping others.  Teaching is a job where sharing is so important, especially for first year teachers.  If there is something that I can create or help teachers I can't explain how much joy it brings to my heart to help those in need. 

My products may not be the most "flashy" but I believe that to be a great teacher a great teacher can teach with sticks and rocks!  I had an experience a few years ago with a group of 28 6th graders which 10 of those students were on IEP's (Individualized Educational Program).  This in itself is challenging for any teacher to differentiate, however I had the added stress of being moved to a room with NO windows, only cider block walls, loud industrial heater, decreased sq footage and jack hammers halfway through the year.  How was I ever going to teach this group of students and have them be prepared enough for the state assessments.  I learned very quickly that all the flashy things we try to use in our classrooms weren't needed eventhough I enjoy using them.  I came up with lots of small group activities and rotations for both math and reading, some created and some found with the help of the internet.  Believe it or not I had not heard of TpT's! I wish I would have because I would have utilized this great resource to it max this year I am sure of it!  My students did fabulous on the our state testing and enstilled in me that we don't have to have the best to be the best.  So when I create some of my products I keep in mind the quality of instruction and the impact the work will have in the classroom. 

If you are ready to get started to start your own store Click HERE.  Please email me or comment with any questions you have.  I really do love to help others so comment away!!:)  Even if I can help one, just like in the classroom, I feel like I have helped many.

~The Little Apple Teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment