Friday, March 8, 2013

Stop Sign Behavior Chips

I ran across of a pin on Pinterest that showed these, but darn it they didn't have them made and I really wanted to try to use them.  I have a very talkative group and they were in need of something that was more concrete for them.  I started using these today and WOW what a change.  I only had to pass out a few before the whole class was quite and working.

I am thinking of developing this plan even more with an additional sheet and guidelines for the room.  The kids helped generate the parameters of 1 = warning, 2 = recess, and 3 = note home.  I love it when the kids are invested and it is their own ideas because then the plan works even better because it was their idea.  We as a class also decided that the moment they walked in this plan started to the moment they walked out.  I was thinking afterwards "What a great way to document behavior with minimal effort!!" It could help you document the number of times that a student misbehaved during the day and we all know how important documentation is, but sometimes can consume our lives.  I am excited to try this out and let you know how that part of the plan works!

In the meantime, enjoy being able to pick up this printable at my teacher's store's for only $1.00.  Click HERE to grab this tool!

No comments:

Post a Comment